Wednesday, 02 December 2009

Book about a Queen who used makeup made of blood?

I have a description of a book but I cannot remember the name or author for the life of me.





It is about a Queen who would kill her slaves in order to make makeup out of it. The makeup would keep her immortal and eventually she started harvesting girls to use their blood.





It's a spin off of the mystery of Bloody Mary, who apparently bathed in girls blood.Book about a Queen who used makeup made of blood?
I think you're thinking of (in both the case of ';the Queen'; and ';Bloody Mary';) of Countess Elizabeth Bathory. She was a real Hungarian Countess who murdered about 600 serving/village girls and bathed in their blood, believing it would keep her immortal. There are several books about her. I recommend ';The Blood Countess'; by Andrei Codrescu.





Incidentally, Bloody Mary was a Tudor queen who burned a bunch of Protestants at the stake, but depite her fanaticism, I promise she did not bathe in ANYONE'S blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish